Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: BTC owners, your $.02 please

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Batoutahell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm on the verge of getting the BTC, but I'm a little hesitant because it's so new. Well, it's been out for a few weeks now, and I'd like to get everyone's early opinions. I know that it retards timing according to boost level. I've heard rumors that it re-maps the fuel curve, but no confirmed reports. I've also heard that it increases power under boost as well. At $300-$370, does the BTC give good bang-for-the-buck?

    ------------------
    '00ITR#739
    JRSC, Walbro FP, JR intake, J&S SafeGuard

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No it does not remap the fuel curve. It simply retards by boost in a non-linear patter by RPM.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member registry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2000
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Try it! You'll like it!

    ------------------
    "99" GSR Emerald green sedan-6 psi /JRSC,Walbro 255 lph fuel pump,AEM CAI,Comptech stainless 4-2-1 header,Comptech stainless exhaust,MSD 8.8 ignition wires,Comptech upper and lower strut brace, Comptech sport springs,DC short throw shifter, JR btm, chrome KMC Tarantula wheels on Toyo 205/45ZR 16" Proxes T1S tires, Power Stop cross drilled rotors, Energy Suspension motor mount inserts, Piaa 1700 plantinum driving lights w/Pia Super whites replacement bulbs,walnut woodtrim interior,etc...


    Wing/future dark tinted windows and very proud!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm getting ready to install that BTC right now. I can't tell you how it feels after the installation but from what I've heard, it'll remove flat spots at 5-6k rpm, eliminate the hesitation problem at take off,
    increase mpg., increase the vehicle over all drivability. I think you can get one from JRCIVIC for $359 shipped. Very good price.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member nicherw's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2000
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does it help with detonation?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •